What is the purpose?
This program is intended to provide graduate students and post-docs in Life Sciences with connections to mentors who are working as professionals in the mentee’s field of interest.
How does it work?
The 8-month program provides graduate student mentees with the opportunity to become closely acquainted with a professional mentor, learn about their field, receive career advice and gain helpful knowledge that will allow the mentees to better transition into the industry post-graduation. Mentees and mentors are matched on the basis of career interest or professional development goals.
The program includes:
- A launch event in October 2016 featuring light dinner and open networking
- A combination of facilitated face-to-face meetups and self-directed interactions between mentors and mentees through the year.
- Exclusive skill development workshops within the mentorship program and the broader LSCDS community.
- A closing reception in April 2017 (to be combined with the Alumni Reception)
- FEE of $30 for student mentees once accepted
When does it take place?
The mentorship program takes place throughout the year from October to April, featuring both formally organized events and self-directed mentor-mentee interaction. Application to the program typically opens in late August or early September. Application for the 2016-cycle has now closed.
Graduate students/Trainees – This is truly a unique opportunity to establish a connection with a professional working in your field of interest and to learn a tremendous amount about their experiences and their industry.
Professional Mentors – Have a lasting and personal impact on the professional development of a graduate student or post-doc simply by sharing your knowledge and advice. If you are interested in being part of a transformative experience for our members, please consult our brochure and fill out this form or contact us at [email protected]